Monday, September 21, 2015

20 Sept 2015 (274 days after The Day)

So Sunday was a typical day.  We went to church and came home.  My mom had cooked a nice dinner and it was good to sit as a family.   As we ate I reflected on the fact that one of Jan's friends who left before she died moved back into the area.  I realized that she probably doesn't know.... maybe she does.  Who knows... anyway... it was a moment of ... "Oh no... I have to relive this again??" as I thought that she may come up and strike up a conversation.  She did not but it is still a hard subject to dive into when Jan's phone rings and there is some long-lost person Jan knew trying to reconnect.  It just is like a face slap back to 20 December 2014. 

All of my kids did more FaceTime with Samantha's kids.  It is good they have a good relationship since we will all be together in the future.  In a real way - now that the decision has been made ... both Samantha and I just want to hurry up and get married.  Yes there is a lot to do... blending families is not for the faint of heart.  There will be future trials and things to prepare for.  We will need a home that we can all fit into.  Seven kids.... wow.  There will be a lot of adjustment on both sides but it is a challenge Samantha and I are looking forward to.