Saturday, September 12, 2015

11 Sept 2015 (265 days after The Day)

We made the Facebook post today.  It is a new way of communicating when a single post on Facebook can drive communication so quickly to so many.  We took the kids bowling after school.  Ammon was wearing a necklace my sister got him that has a lock of Jan's hair sealed in it.  The locket came loose and came off during the game and we didn't realize it until about an hour after we left.  We drove back hoping and praying that it was there.  After a frantic search I found it on a neighboring lane.  I breathed a sigh of relief and took this necklace and will put it in a safe place for him.  Prior to Jan's burial I also captured locks of hair for each of the kids that are not sealed up.  I will give this to them when they are grown.  Even though my life is moving forward I am striving to keep Jan's memory close with us all.  After all - we are the product of our life experiences and Jan is one that has shaped us all.  With Samantha it is the same for her late husband, Justin.  I'm sure Justin and Jan are helping us all.   That brings a bit of comfort as we give ourselves permission to move forward.