Wednesday, September 23, 2015

22 Sept 2015 (276 days after The Day)

Today was filled with the normalcy of the day... dropping off Ammon at school... going to work... coming home for lunch... going back to work... There was nothing earth-shattering that occurred at work.  I left work and went home and got the kids in the car.  We went to the soccer game.  It was an evenly matched game.  There was one key difference.  We passed the ball and they did not.  The score was 3:0 and Madilyn scored her very first goal ever.  I was so very pleased with her drive and determination as she played.  She was tired... she was huffing and puffing... and she pressed forward.  We didn't have a practice between the games either so that was very interesting to see how it all worked out.

My kids did more FaceTime with Samantha's kids last night.  With our schedules being so crazy technology has enabled us to interact regardless of our running around.  They enjoyed that time.  I also had a good chat with Emma.  She is maturing into a young woman and it is tough for me to see my little girl who I still see as a 2 yrs old.... running around and so busy with life.  Time moves fast and it is moments like this I wish Jan were here to experience.