Wednesday, September 16, 2015

15 Sept 2015 (269 days after The Day)

Well - I slept once again with a heat pack on my neck.  Morning is early these days with Emma in seminary so my alarm went off at 5am and I apparently turned it off and didn't realize it.  Emma came in at 5:25 and woke me up.  I rolled out of bed nauseated with a lack of sleep.  After seminary I came back home and slept for another hour.  When I took Ammon to school he was sad.  This transition to a new school has been very tough on him.  He was close to tears when I dropped him off.  It just breaks my heart.  I headed to work which started with a meeting at 9 and another at 10 which didn't end until 12.  I came home for lunch and realized Madilyn has soccer practice at 6 and I would not be able to take her.  I texted a friend to see if she could pick up and drop her off to practice.  She responded that she could.  Phew.  I headed back to work for a few hours before taking Emma to therapy.  Then I flew to the chiropractor for my "first adjustment".  I don't know if it is this chiropractor or all chiropractors but my exposure seems that they are battling an uphill battle trying to convince others of the need for chiropractic care.  They wanted me to watch a couple of videos before the treatment.  Having a business degree I am always analyzing why someone is saying or doing something in any promotional video.  I enjoyed the analysis in my marketing classes in college where we would pick apart a commercial to see what messages were sent to the audience and what audience was intended for the ad.  With that as a background my mind was spinning on why I was asked to watch a video on chiropractic care when all I wanted was relief from the pain in my back.  I was finally taken to a back room where I was shown my x-rays and explained how stuff was a little off.  I really could care less... I just wanted some kind of relief.  They had me on a table and cracked my back like it was being run over by a car.  I seriously felt a gob of pain.  Then he cracked my neck.  I felt relief after a while on my back and then when my neck was done I felt a wave of nausea.  Like the moment before you lose it when you are sick... yes - it took me to that spot.  The pain I had previously had dissipated.  I was encouraged.  He said he wanted to see me three more times this week.  Well - my schedule doesn't allow for much impromptu meetings outside of work so I have one set for tomorrow morning and the rest for next week.  I finally got home still nauseated from the adjustment.  Madilyn was just being dropped off.  After walking in and setting down my bag Madilyn said "OH NO!  Dad!  I need to go back to the practice field.  I left my bag and ball!"  Wonderful.  So I got back in the car and drove her to get her stuff.  By the time I got back I really was just flat exhausted.  It was after 8pm.  Grandma had cooked dinner and after we ate everyone did the nighttime routine and went to bed.  I read Ammon a book and got everyone settled.  I crashed with a hope of sleeping pain-free.