Wednesday, September 9, 2015

08 Sept 2015 (262 days after The Day)

Ok - I have done what most people do now that the internet is so very common.  I have searched online for a diagnosis for why Claire is acting the way she is.  So in my most humble non-medical opinion - she has separation anxiety.  I understand this can manifest itself before the age of one and last until four.  Yay!  So - I am doing all I can to help re-introduce grandma.  Since grandma was out of the house for a few days it is like Claire is learning how to trust her all over again.  I know it hurts to see a baby all of a sudden not want to be with you.  Claire's stranger-danger meter is off the charts.  Just being in a room of strangers and she will stick to me like glue.  Someone looks at her and she will cry.  I worry about the brain injury she sustained at birth and immediately that is where my mind goes when I see something abnormal.  I just try to keep that in check.  Sure - it may be the reason or it may not.  With medical issues it seems those affected become just as learned as the doctors themselves as they seek to understand and learn more and more of the condition that they have learned to cope with.  For Claire we are on a countdown to 3 yrs.  The neurologist has stated that by the age of three we will see any changes that should manifest themselves because of the brain injury.  Claire is scheduled for a MRI in a couple of months where we will see just how her little brain is doing.  I am hopeful for positive news.  The brain is an amazing organ.  It can reprogram and re-purpose different parts with others go bad.  I'm keeping positive.