Tuesday, November 6, 2018

5 November 2018 (3 years, 10 months, 17 days after The Day)

Today was a long day.  I took the train into town and it was a day that the police were there checking tickets.  The SLC police are so very kind.  When I rode the train in Houston the police would rush the train and it was very intimidating.

I read a book that stated that if you could focus on what your natural talents are that you will be very effective in your job/life.  The reference was regarding Rudy Ruettiger vs. Joe Montana.  Rudy (the star of the movie "Rudy") didn't have athletic talent but he had a tenacious (never-say-die) drive to play for Notre Dame.  He worked tirelessly.  He applied to Notre Dame multiple times and finally got accepted.  He tried out for the football team and was too small to play but he helped the team practice.  After 4 years he was able to play on the last play of the game of his senior year.  While the movie highlighted his severe determination and drive to accomplish his dream despite the fact that everyone was against him - the author of this book highlighted the fact that Joe Montana also played for Notre Dame and how different the outcome is when you partner Rudy's drive with natural talent.  That being said they have an online test to help identify your talents so you know where to focus your energies.  I took the test.  No surprises for me for what it said are my talents.  Now - on to focus on them to be my best.  I think this approach makes sense.  I'm excited to see the results.