Friday, November 2, 2018

2 November 2018 (3 years, 10 months, 14 days after The Day)

Well- it is now the countdown to Christmas.  Right?  Well - at least it feels this way to me.  Oh ... and also voting.  I know there are various political stances out there and this isn't meant to be poking at any party but holy crap!  I mean - let's just all focus on things we disagree on!  wow!  I have learned one thing in having a conversation with someone I don't get along with is it is much easier if you talk about things you do have in common.  Having each party vilify each other is getting old.  It is on ALL news channels.  The sad thing is there seems to be so much polarization on the subject that taking a stand on something you believe in will likely result in a public flogging.  I have told my children to stand for what is right.  I know that is open to interpretation just like political slogans are open to interpretation as well (i.e. "change we can believe in"  or "make America great again").  I suppose the point of the rambling is that voting is upon us.  I count that as a sacred duty for us all to do.

I went to the gym tonight with Madilyn.  We walked the track for a little over a mile and then hit the weights a bit.  It was good talking with her.  I feel that many of the kids just get lost in the shuffle of activity and I was thankful to have a moment to talk with her.  She has such goodness in her.  She reminds me of my mom.  My mom and Madilyn both serve people.  That is just a God given talent.

Claire is (fingers crossed) officially potty trained.  She gave into bribery of candy and I think we have enough progress on that point that we are good without the candy which is exciting.  She really is the sweetest little girl.  "I yuv you dad" is a common phrase.  She really has my heart.

Samantha and I have been watching Mark Weins on YouTube.  I don't know if you have ever heard of him but he travels the globe eating local food and giving commentary.  We really enjoy watching him.  I think it is because of his kind heart and the fact that he really enjoys a lot of weird food and he is fun to watch.

Well- on that note - I'm stepping away to watch Mark Weins.