Thursday, November 1, 2018

1 November 2018 (3 years, 10 months, 13 days after The Day)

Candy.

Anyone want candy?  My kids brought home candy that should be measured by weight... not amount.  It is nuts.  This reminds me of this silly answer to a math question -





I was absolutely exhausted last night.  I think it is just the holidays.  I am not a fan.  The kids have a thousand things to do towards the end of the year and at times I feel like a dementor from the Harry Potter series is just sucking the energy from my soul.

I awoke today feeling tired.  I have a gob of things to do at work and as I contemplate everything that needs to be done I become a bit tired.  I generally have a plan for getting everything accomplished but lately I have had so much on my plate that I realize I need help or rather - I cannot accomplish all that I need to the same way I always have.  Therein lies the challenge.  Change is challenging by itself but add a mountain of work and responsibility and it becomes a crushing weight.  But - it is doable.  Not easy... but it is doable.

 I have wondered why I have started writing in this blog again.  As you know - there has been a large gap from daily to weekly to monthly to whenever.  I realized that typing things out for me has been helpful if nothing more than just getting a moment to do a brain dump.  Perhaps it is because of everything I have going on.  Who knows.

Here is a random thought - Since January, Samantha and I have been faithfully going to the gym and eating better.  I'm not a fan of "diets" because change from these diets are rarely permanent and people are only temporarily successful in their goal setting.  I honestly don't think people really have goals.  I think most people say "I want to be as thin as I was in high school" but don't put a date to when they want this accomplished.  For me I didn't want any drastic change because I wanted it to be long-term.  I wanted results in a year's time.  I thought I didn't stack on the weight in a month so why am I trying to lose it in a month.  So I opted to just change the way I eat and to begin to be more active.  I called my sister in December and she told me some simple things to do which helped me get on this path.  Since that time I dropped 35lbs and gained a fair amount of muscle.  This has been good but I realized that when I went on the cruise and then later came home- my gym habits evaporated.  I did go to the gym on the ship but for me going to the gym before the cruise was a daily decompression which was helpful.  I would go grudgingly but afterward feel much better.  I think that is where my blogging went - it allowed me self-reflection time while working out.  Anyway - the point is the cruise added some weight back on and that is always discouraging.  I'm going to the gym tonight and while I am not a fan of cardio - it will be my date.  :-|

Until later -