Sunday, November 18, 2018

18 November 2018 (3 years, 10 months, 30 days after The Day)

So my neighbor brought over a pork butt late Friday night so I ended up throwing that on the smoker as well.  Everyone said their food was good so I was happy about that.  The turkey I ended up removing the backbone and cooking it flat.  It decreased the cooking time from 30 min/lb to 11 min/lb.  I was very surprised.  So - round two starting on Thursday morning.

Today was a regular church day.  I think it went alright.  We talked about how God wants us to make good choices and that if we screw up he is there to help us get back on our feet.  This is a pathetic summary statement but suffice it to say there was a lot of good discussion.  I think sometimes it is easy to believe you are on your own.

As a family we played charades after dinner.  It was fun.  This was Claire's first time playing and she just told people what she was acting like or doing.  It was really cute.  It is amazing how kids just make you genuinely smile.  I got her ready for bed, put her in bed, tucked her in, said prayers, and then she looked at me and said "I wuv you daddy" and then rolled over and closed her eyes.  She melts my heart.

I'm off most of next week but I do work tomorrow so It will be good to get things wrapped up for the holidays for me.  It will be a busy day but it will be good to be done.

I'm off to bed - until later.