Thursday, November 15, 2018

15 November 2018 (3 years, 10 months, 27 days after The Day)

Today Samantha drove North to visit her mother-in-law and I was at home alone since the kids were at school.  It is always odd when I am home alone.  Since Penny (the dog) is gone is is really quiet.  Penny would always visit me in my office and sleep there while I worked.  Now it is just quiet.

Speaking of Penny - we picked up her ashes from the vet today.  I am always frustrated with vets and funeral homes that take advantage of those who have lost a loved one.  They make you feel cheap if you don't get buy the expensive thing... So - we brought home a cedar box with her ashes and the cedar box is cheap.  It is frustrating since we spent a chunk of $ on it.

I laugh at Claire at night.  We put her in bed and either she is a little upset or she will be ready to go.  When she is ready to go she will lie down and say "goodnight daddy" and that is that.  I swear she is a gift from heaven.  She is finally (fingers crossed) potty trained.  So happy day.  Now we are working on getting her through the night without a diaper.  One day at a time.  But - on a positive note she is not a climber so she is not trying to get out of her bed.

Well - until tomorrow -