Monday, November 26, 2018

26 November 2018 (3 years, 11 months, 7 days after The Day)

So I have really struggled these last few days.  I haven't written on this blog mainly because I have been dealing with anger.  I am frustrated that Jan died and the kids are having to figure things out.  I realize that is something I can't do anything about so I am striving to turn my focus to what I can do.  I want to be a positive influence in their lives but it is a challenge when I have grown to dislike the holidays.  Both Samantha and I are rooting for January 1st.

The break from work was much needed.  I got a chance to just hangout at the house.  From time to time I write in another journal (not online) and after a failed hard drive I was moving and organizing files as needed.  I came across one entry where I was venting of some of the challenges I was juggling.  I still find I juggle the same challenges but as time has gone on I have learned how to work with those challenges.  Life is not always lollypops and rainbows... sometimes you just have to accept life is what it is and move forward.

Samantha gave Claire a haircut today.  She cut 4 inches and Claire's hair is still super long.  I think she was just blessed with hair that grows fast.