Saturday, November 3, 2018

3 November 2018 (3 years, 10 months, 15 days after The Day)

10,800 steps by 3:20pm today.  I'm tired.  I struggle getting the kids to work and own their work.  I find it easier to just do the task myself than to go through the painful process of getting them to help.  It is a disservice to me and them.  I know. 

Claire has very cute phrases.  She crawled up on the bed after I collapsed from my 1st round of cleaning and said "Dad - you play me" she then put her stuffed animal dog in my hand.  By the time she did this I was already in bed covered up.  She then persisted in me playing with the dog while she responded to me moving the dog around.  She can be a bit bossy.  It is funny (now).  She is very determined and headstrong.  I'm sure it is a bit of both Jan and me so it will be interesting to see how she grows up.  She and Emma are a lot alike.

Emma Jane drove down from Logan and is spending the day with Samantha.  It is good that she is here.  I enjoy her company.  Her husband, Spencer, is still up in Logan.

Samantha and I are trying different types of food from time to time.  We have tried a number of Chinese, Thai, Mexican, Indian, and Vietnamese restaurants.  So far they are all good.  I am trying to branch out.  When I was a kid Jan introduced me to Chinese food.  I refused to really eat anything that was different.  I'm a big chicken.  Anyway - over the years I have gotten a bit more adventurous when it comes to trying new foods.  It may be #MarkWeins rubbing off on me.  hahahaha
 
 Yesterday I heard the most horrific sound come from the garage.  A huge bang accompanying by a repetitive banging.  Any guesses?  The spring for the garage.  It is done - snapped in half.  It nearly broke the garage door opener as the motor was pulling the belt over each tooth on the gear making a repetitive banging as it tried to lift the garage door.  I called the service company and they will be out on Tuesday.

-until later