Tuesday, November 20, 2018

20 November 2018 (3 years, 11 months, 1 day after The Day)

I took the day off of work.  It was good to get things done in the house.  I finished preparing the food for the smoker.  So far it is three turkeys and two small pork shoulders.  I spent some time with Claire today taking her to school and picking her up.  It was so cute.  She was wearing a little pilgrim's hat made of construction paper when school let out.  She loved that thing and was so cute wearing it.  I was able to spend some time with the kids when they got home from school as well.   That was good.

So - every day I prepare to do a brain dump of all I did for the day.  I will do and go and experience things and say "oh yeah.. I need to write about that" but then I get here in the evening and forget.  :-(

Samantha and I were in Provo today and there is a Czech bakery called Hruskas.  It is a taste of home.  When I walk in there it smells like my grandmother's kitchen. We picked up a couple of kolaches.  I think I'm eating more carbs than I should but I hardly ever get to Hruskas so I gave myself a break and allowed me to savor the moment.  It was so good.

Tomorrow I am hanging out with Ammon and Claire as the older kids take a trip up to Bountiful UT. I am looking forward to just some time with them.  They are good kids.