Saturday, November 10, 2018

10 November 2018 (3 years, 10 months, 22 days after The Day)

Today I helped clean the church.  Sometimes there are others that help and today was one of those days.  The cleaning went quick.  When I came home I watched a movie with Samantha - Deepwater Horizon.  That is the story of the explosion that occurred due to cost-cutting measures.  I thought it was a good movie and did a fair job at showing the importance of doing what is right when the acquisition of money is driving many decisions.

This evening I took Emma, Madilyn, and Ammon to see Stephen Beus perform.  He is a neighbor and friend of ours and is one of the best pianists I have ever heard.  If you ever get the chance to hear him - it will be worth your time.  Feel free to youtube his name and listen to some of his work.  It is amazing.

Tonight I am struggling with helping my kids to overcome challenges they don't even realize they have.  Samantha suggested I say things directly to them but it is difficult for me since they remind me so much of Jan.  I wouldn't use that method to talk to Jan and yet - I believe it may be the only way with my kids.  :-|

Well - I'm tired and mentally drained.  Until tomorrow.