Sunday, November 1, 2015

30 Oct 2015 (314 days after The Day)

Friday - A day to end the week.  The cold I have been battling seems to come and go.  At times I have strength and at other times I don't.  At work it was good.  I accomplished much.  I looked into the future of different technologies and how we can embrace them to meet future demand.  These are days I enjoy. 

I came home weary and tired.  I piled up the kids and went to a church sponsored "Trunk or Treat" activity.  Ammon was supposed to be a bat but his costume was not coming together so he looked more like a crow.  His wings were really cool... but fragile.  They broke (again) on the way there and I had to go back inside to glue them back together.  The rain brought the activity inside and amidst 200-300 people I found myself talking with a few that I knew.  At times I find myself turning into a "me monster"... the one thing I despise... I have good stories to add when in a group setting but it seems those stories get vocalized with a me me me theme.  I realized this and just stopped talking.  Bryan Regan has a good skit on this in his show "I walked on the moon".  After the activity we piled back into the van and drove home.  By the time everyone was showered and in bed I was completely drained.

One thing has come out from all the to-do list that is going on.  I miss my kids.  I seem so preoccupied with the thick of thin things that I lose sight of what is really important.  I suppose that is one of the great lessons of life.  Learn to put first things first.