Friday, October 30, 2015

29 Oct 2015 (313 days after The Day)

Thursday - trash day.  So - since I am moving I am going through the garage and gathering all things that I have neglected to remove.  It is a slow process.  If I see something that has value (perhaps not for me) I hang onto it regardless if there is a use.  I have been working to clean up, throw out, and donate all that needs to be done.  We filled an 18 wheeler when we moved here.  I would like to reduce that by half at least.  What a chore.

Claire just wanted me to hold her tonight.  She just snuggled close, drank half a bottle, and was completely content to sleep away in my arms.  I recall how every child has done this and eventually gets too big to hold.  I admit that these are the best and worst memories.  I smile when Claire smiles at me.  I think it has been such a blessing that she is so joyful and happy.  In my darkest of moments when I just wanted to crawl into a hole Claire would reach for me and smile.  Love is an amazing healing thing.  I would cling to Claire and she to me.  We would just hold each other and heal. 

I am grateful for the loving care Samantha has shown as we have blended our families.  She is a wonderful mom.  I am thankful we have each other.  It is strange that if it were not for Jan's death I wouldn't have met Samantha yet what a blessing the Good Lord has poured out on both of our families who have seen such tragedy.  In a way I feel I have known Samantha all my life.  Love really does heal all wounds.