Thursday, October 22, 2015

17 Oct 2015 (301 days after The Day)

Well - I got married today.  It was a blizzard of a day and I felt physically weak.  Like really really weak.  I slept in the morning and afternoon and just walking down the hallway had me holding the sides of the walls.  I neglected to pack a belt and needed to go to a mall to pick one up.  I had to ask for help.  I thought - how in the world am I going to get married when I can barely walk.  This entire time I had been eating clear liquids.  My mom wanted me to eat some cheese but after the discussion with my Dr. on how bad cheese was for my condition I said no.  She gave me a slice of lunch meat.  One slice.  I thought... I can do this.  I nibbled on it and an amazing thing happened.  I immediately felt better.  My sister drove me to my future in-laws home where the marriage was to be performed and I sat in a chair there completely exhausted.  I had to put my game face on and that was difficult since I didn't feel so well.  It was so very healing to see everyone that came.  Tom's family, kids, grandkids.... Even Michelle's kids and some I had not seen since they were 8 and now 17.  I was so so so happy to see them all I just wept.  There was so much support and love for me and my family and soon to be future family.  We got a pic during the wedding.  The first one with everyone there.



The wedding went well.  Emma (Samantha's first) sang the song LOVE.  Her voice reminds me of Jan's early on.  It was very healing.  Samantha looked amazing.  Since I felt better having eaten some lunch meat I went ahead and ate a plate of BBQ sitting with the entire family there.  Apparently that is what my body needed.  Protein.  Samantha drove me (how pathetic... hahahaha) to Port O'Connor.  It was a busy day but overall I just felt overwhelmed with love and support from family and friends.  A day of healing for sure.