Friday, October 2, 2015

01 Oct 2015 (285 days after The Day)

Today I had a moment where I felt like Jan was close.  It is an odd feeling... like when you are with someone you know is in the room and you close your eyes... you don't see them but you know they are there... it is similar to that.  I have had feelings like Jan is close before.  I cherish them.  I have learned a lot about Jan and my relationship over these last months and I have seen how memories fade.  I think about what I can do to help Jan's memory stay fresh in my kids's minds.  I think.... if I had died would they forget about me?  I think- no way... I do all these things .... but alas that is the truth.  Time marches on and our minds forget the details of our relationships.  So - I am focusing on what I can do to help keep Jan alive in the minds of my children.