Saturday, October 17, 2015

14 Oct 2015 (298 days after The Day)

ok... so I awoke feeling not much better and my energy level got worse through the day.  Combine that with the fact that it appeared like bad food poisoning that I figured I should go to the ER.  I juggled getting people to help with the kiddos and then Samantha took me in.  I nearly fainted when I was getting admitted.  I was sweating and just overall in poor condition.  They took me to do a CT scan and the results were immediately in... pan colitis.  With my dad's history of crohn's disease the ER doc said he scheduled me for a endoscopy and colonoscopy in the morning.  To spare you the details let me summarize.. The procedure itself is.. well... unknown.  They knock you out so there is no telling; however, the preparation for them just downright sucks.  They gave me a jug of some cocktail to drink that was to clean me out.  Well, my friends, that is an understatement.  It took me about 4 hours to down the jug.  Yes... 4 hours.  After 4 hours I struggled with every gulp.   blah.. but there I sat empty and full of antibiotics and saline solution dripping into my veins.  I mentioned to the doctors, nurses, and everyone involved that I was to be married on Saturday.  Um.. I don't have time for the ER.