Monday, October 26, 2015

25 Oct 2015 (309 days after The Day)

I got up early and made waffles today.  That seems to be a tradition for us on Sundays.  We went to church today too.  It was a special session where an area authority came in and spoke to the congregation.  My kids did all they could to sit there.  Once it was over we came home and ate lunch my mom had made.  Samantha and I spent another day working in my room.  Today was more difficult.  I came across a letter Jan wrote to Emma and Madilyn back in 2010.  It was the ONLY one so far that I have found.  It was sweet and filled with good motherly advice.  I need to write these too... I need to write notes to outlive my life.  Needless to say I was beyond touched.  We finished the closet, night stands, bathroom, and my room.  We have a small bathroom closet to pack that is connected to the master bath and then my room is completely done. 

On Saturday Samantha took the kids to get pumpkins.  We have never carved them before but she came back with pumpkins galore.  Sunday evening after dinner and cleaning was done we spent time carving pumpkins.  It was fun.  A real fun family moment for everyone. 

Claire is becoming more animated when making noise.  She is just a cute little girl. 
Seems like time is flying by.  I am so thankful for Samantha for becoming part of this family.