Friday, October 23, 2015

22 Oct 2015 (306 days after The Day)

Today was my first day back at work.  I was fortunate to have a day-long meeting but I was also exhausted.  Around 4:00 I was spent.  Madilyn had a game at 6 and we got there in time to find out it was cancelled because of the rain.  We came back, ate dinner, and just spent time as a family.  Samantha helped me start going through some of the piles in my room.  It was good to start that process and I am grateful for her patience. 

In an odd way it feels just like it did when Jan was here.  I have a help-mate to help me through all of life's challenges or rather - just knowing you are not alone helps a ton.  I never realized how much I missed that. 

The thunder and storm had Ammon sleeping with us.  Well - when I awoke I found Ammon sleeping sideways and Samantha was sleeping on the couch.  I forgot that he turns as he sleeps.  It has been a while I guess.