Tuesday, October 6, 2015

06 Oct 2015 (290 days after The Day)

So - Tuesday was filled with a lot of discussion at work.  I was able to potentially solve a real challenge of a problem.  I say potentially because the error I fixed needs to be tested the type of test will only show with time.  I am hopeful that it has.

I went to physical therapy this morning and about collapsed with exhaustion at the end.  I guess that means I did well.  I don't know... I do know I will feel this in the morning.  Sore muscles is a feeling I was hopeful to leave back in high school and college... but alas... here it is again.

We got the rest of the handy-man work done in my home so now I have functioning sinks.  I wish I would have humbled myself when Jan was here to allow her to call on a handy-man to get stuff fixed... I was just so prideful and things were left half-completed all the time.

I got my new glasses in too... that is exciting to finally be able to see again.  My old frames had broken and they were limping along... these new ones came in just in time.

I took the kids to group counseling tonight.  It was very tough for me.  Extremely tough.  We discussed how children grieve... I was just taken back to the day I had to tell my kids... it was so difficult.  My kids have been so amazing as they work through their own challenges along with dealing me a dad who is a mess.  I look up to them.  They are awesome.