Sunday, November 8, 2015

06 Nov 2015 (321 days after The Day)

Friday has come.  It is amazing how quickly time flies.  I had my "last" physical therapy visit today.  For those that have had this before it is somewhat standard.  The same activities every time make for a somewhat automated time.  As I went from activity to activity I realized that over the past few months my body had really healed or perhaps repaired itself enough to heal.  I found myself feeling better about my ability to walk and get around.  My knee is still torn up but my muscles are much better at supporting my injury.  I left physical therapy feeling absolutely exhausted.  I strive to push myself beyond my comfort zone.  I do this at work and at all things I am engaged in... at least - I try to. 

As I went through the day I felt like I was checking things off my list.  That is very comforting.  I look on my daily things I do with PT or with work and realize that this very same pattern I have used when healing my grief.  One small step at a time.  Some have questioned why I have decided to remarry at the time that I did.  My answer is simple.  I am unwilling to live in grief.  Love heals.  The grieving process seems to go on and on at times.  Sometimes it is silent... and at other times it seems to scream at you from all directions.  As I go through my home and pack, for example, it screams... from one item to another.  It is just draining.