Wednesday, November 4, 2015

03 Nov 2015 (318 days after The Day)

This morning I overslept again but promised Emma I would take her to see Jan in the morning.  As we were there memories came back of burying Jan.  I told Emma where I was to be buried and then said "This isn't too bad..." to which I said - when I am dead and gone you can say this is what I said about this place.  We laughed a bit.  It is a quiet cemetery but come Saturday night it is next to a race track... I didn't know this at the time I got the plot but I consider it a free gift with purchase... Jan probably doesn't.  HA! 


We went to group therapy in the evening.  It is so good to get around others who have experienced loss.  We talked about preparing for the holidays and what that means for everyone.  It was really good to get everyone's perspective.  For me this move will be both good and bad.  It will be good to have a change to what we knew since I personally am not as festive as Jan was with the holidays.  I generally don't decorate much but we have 1/4 of our garage that seems to be something related to Christmas, Easter, or some other holiday.  It will be very tough to leave my home.  My home is really Jan's home.  She picked it out.  It will forever be hers in my mind.  That will be a tough thing to process.  Overall the group therapy went well for everyone.

I promised Emma that I would help her get some supplies tomorrow morning for her school.  So - tomorrow we will swing by Lowes or Home Depot and get some materials for physics experiments.  Since Samantha and I are still in separate homes in a way I still feel like a single dad.  I take comfort that I am able to get things done and am so very thankful for my mom who selflessly sacrifices to help me with Claire, the kids, and the house.  She really is sent from God.  When Samantha and I combine our families under one roof it will be very much like the Brady Bunch.  Fun times for sure.

We got our wedding pictures in... here we are... all 9 of us.