Wednesday, November 11, 2015

10 Nov 2015 (325 days after The Day)

My day started at 5:00 when my alarm went off.  I checked my email as usual and found that we had an application outage at work.  It affected our overseas locations.  After some discussion I found that the services were restored but there was a communication gap in the procedure.  I marked this as a to-do on my agenda and the day began.  I had meeting after meeting that consumed 100% of the day.  There was very little room for breathing and was a mixture of both work meetings and meetings with movers.  I received quotes from all three movers by the end of the day.  Their prices were relatively similar but their weight estimates varied by as much as 3K pounds.  I don't know if that is normal but it seemed a bit odd for me.  As the evening moved on we packed the kitchen and grandma's room where we have our books.  I found a lot of Jan's journals.  I was so happy to find them and a little sad reading some passages where you could see the challenges she dealt with as her memories returned of such horrific events in her childhood.  I just wish I could give her a hug and let her know I love her.  It is a silly thing I suppose.  I mean, she is in a place now that is filled with love. 

Our home is filled with stuff that is going to other people's homes... it will feel much better I think once we get this stuff out of our home.  The move date is fast approaching and everything still feels like a dream.