Monday, November 16, 2015

15 Nov 2015 (330 days after The Day)

Sunday came with my body realizing I am no longer 18.  I ached in places I forgot existed.  I limped to the kitchen and made myself breakfast and got the kids going for the day.  We got dressed and went to church for the last time.  Ammon has been sick so he stayed home with Grandma and Claire.  It was good.  I was asked to share my thoughts while I was there to the congregation and it was difficult to do that.  As I sat in the pew with Samantha I realized how blessed I have been.  I really have been and I am grateful for it.

The Realtor came in the evening for us to sign paperwork on the house.  During that time there was small-talk about Claire and how she got her name.  I related the background on the clarity that Jan received and also shared about the song Debussy wrote - Clair De Lune.  Most have heard of it but don't know the name.  I played a portion for the Realtor and just wept.  It is hard not to.

https://youtu.be/CvFH_6DNRCY

By the time night came the trash pile was reduced to very little.  It was good to see it go.  Tomorrow brings another day of packing.