Sunday, November 1, 2015

31 Oct 2015 (315 days after The Day)

Halloween has come.  I feel drained of energy.  I slept.  I tried to save up enough energy to make it  trick or treating in the evening.  Emma and Madilyn had activities they attended during the day and I slept.  My sickness has gotten worse but I want to be there for my kids.  By the time evening came around I was able to take Emma and Ammon around the block while Madilyn, Claire, and Grandma stayed at home to answer the door.  Someone dressed up as the Leatherface from the Texas Chainsaw Massacre and brought a real chainsaw.  He was revving it up and holding this chainsaw above his head as he walked down the sidewalk.  He was scaring the crap out of the young children.  About 10 parents gathered around this fool and told him to knock it off.  The kids that arrived at my home were crying.  It was horrible.  I informed my mom and Madilyn of what was going on and then went trick or treating keeping Leatherface in my view.  Some neighbor thought it would be funny to take some candy from Ammon's bag.  Ammon reached in and got a piece and handed it to her.  She said she was just joking.  Ammon said "I want you to have it.  Everyone deserves to have a happy Halloween".  This lady's heart melted and she just hugged Ammon.  I swear.. I can't make this stuff up.  I arrived back at my home after making a couple of blocks and took Madilyn.  She was terrified of this chainsaw guy that we couldn't see.  He made another appearance about a block away and I kept my eye on him.  By the time the trick or treating was done I was spent.  Daylight savings hit tonight... We gain an hour.  I need it.  I need to sleep.