Tuesday, July 21, 2015

21 July 2015 (213 days after The Day)

So every day there seems to be a single step toward normalcy.  Today Emma worked to purge Ammon's room of toys for me.  Then she relocated Claire's bed there.  This was a huge step for me.  I have my bedroom back.  I am able to start cleaning it up.  Lots of items on Jan's dresser remain as she left them.  I have not had the energy to go through them.  I also still have gobs of cards I received that I still need to go through.  Even though there is a lot to do... I feel today there was a massive step toward healing.  All of my healing is one step at a time.  Much like climbing stairs or a ladder.  You just don't realize how far you have come until you look back.  Looking back is painful.  I am acknowledging I have come a long way... I want to continue to heal.