Sunday, July 12, 2015

12 July 2015 (204 days after The Day)

Well - this sabbath day came and went.  It was quick.  Claire is having trouble sleeping for long periods.  So - tonight we have fed her some food before we gave her milk to help her sleep longer.  She is trying to go to sleep at the moment.  It is times like this that I miss Jan.  I know she and I would tag-team Claire's lack of sleeping.  We would be together as we worked through these challenges.  It is a lonely road.  Don't get me wrong - grandma is helping a ton - it is just different without Jan.

We went by Jan's grave and brought some flowers.  It was good for everyone to go there.  I cannot believe that over 200 days have passed since I last spoke with Jan.  It just seems like a dream at times and at others I feel like I have made progress in my healing and have begun to move forward.  Overall - I think my pain is not as debilitating as it was in the beginning.  It is manageable.