Friday, July 17, 2015

17 July 2015 (209 days after The Day)

So I learned something.  Claire does not like to travel.  She is OK in a car seat but not for extended periods.  My other kids entertained her and that was very helpful.  She is exhausted and ate and is sleeping.  You can tell  - she is glad to be back home.  I think we all are. 

I had a very good lunch with Tom whom I have not seen since the funeral.  This year has flown by and it was so good to visit with him.  We have a busy weekend ahead and the grief I have felt has entered a new stage.  I have seen lots that wear a cloak of grief as an identity.  Perhaps it is common to think that after a loved one dies their spouse should remain in grief the reminder of their days and by not doing so will be a disservice to their loved one's memory.  I will always miss Jan.  I cherish our time together and while I am extremely pained with her departure - I have thought how I would want her to live if these events were reversed.  I am choosing to live again.  That is the single most difficult decision I think I have ever made.  But who said healing is easy?