Friday, June 19, 2015

19 June 2015 (181 days after The Day)

It is Friday evening and the kids are in bed.  I sit in the rocking chair and the TV is off.  Ah.... the beauty of silence.  I don't even know of anything major tomorrow.  I had a really good chat with Emma tonight.  Grandma set out about 4 bird feeders in the back yard.  I have laughed at how ingenious squirrels are.  They are tenacious.

So - this week had both sad and happy moments.  I'm starting to clear some work off my plate and that has helped the stress level.  Sometimes I just get hit with the reality that Jan is gone and I feel the pain all over again.  There are simple triggers - an empty side of the bed.  Her shoes and me remembering how I had to tie them when she was at the end of her pregnancy.  I think I am making progress but sometimes little triggers are like getting slugged in the gut.