Wednesday, June 3, 2015

03 June 2015 (165 days after The Day)

Tonight I took all kids out of the house.  This was the first time in a long time that I had everyone out at one time.  Grandma got a break and Claire rode in the Baby Björn.  She was having a fun time.  She got a little tired toward the end but overall I think she enjoyed her time with Ammon and me.  Madilyn and Emma were at a church activity so Claire, Ammon, and I just hung out and looked at the neighboring horses.   The sun was low and the horses were in the stables but we could see them clearly.  It was good being able to just hang out.  Tonight I ended up giving Ammon a 2nd bath because the first one .... I believe was accomplished without soap.  Ammon disagrees but I settled the stinkage with a mandate to take another bath.  I then read him one fish, two fish, three fish, blue fish by Dr. Seuss.  After a few minutes he was sleeping hard.  I love that kid.  Madilyn and Emma both came into Ammon's room asking me to finish the story I told them yesterday.  I make up bedtime stories and they get a kick out of them.... apparently enough to want me to finish last night's story tonight.  So today was a glimpse of normalcy from before Jan's passing.  It was good.