Tuesday, January 8, 2019

8 January 2019 (4 years and 20 days after The Day)

So today at work I feel I have tapped into something that is really interesting.  Today it made my day fly by so quickly.  I was battling nausea a lot of the day for some reason but the stuff I was doing at work was and is so cool.  It deals with robotic process automation (RPA).  In normal terms it allows a computer to use normal human interfaces (i.e. applications and websites) to do commands that are automated.  So - if you have some process in system 1 then have to type in an output of system 1 into system 2 and from 2 to 3 and so on this RPA tool makes this drudgery of work automated.  There are so many ways this can help companies to do more with the employees they have.  I'm excited about it.  The potential is huge.

Claire was really cute today.  She is stringing more words together to make sentences and she will engage you in conversation and is persistent that you understand her.  She is so cute.  We learn new words every day as she stumbles around how to say something.  When she is tired of trying to explain she will put her hand out and say "Come.  I show you."  Her phrases are simple but so sweet.  She makes me smile.  She just is a happy child and I just love her so much.

Well - there is more on the agenda tomorrow.  Good to Great.  That is what I am focused on.  I want to be better tomorrow than I am today.