Tuesday, January 29, 2019

29 January 2019 ( 4 years, 1 month and 9 days after The Day)

Today I relived a bit of sadness from my past.  I have a friend of mine who's husband has terminal cancer and they decided to stop fighting it and put him on hospice care.  They have two kids and during this trial she was expecting her third.  To make things more difficult her baby has died before childbirth leaving her to bury two family members in the near future.  I think we all feel a bit of pain when we know of someone who is going through such hard times.  It is something that we grow from but I think we all wish for a magic wand to help them out.  I think it is only after going through such hard times that we reflect on the positive effects that pain had on our lives.  As much as I hate losing Jan and going through that hell I have to agree that the pain and anguish has made me a different person.  A better person.  It is a steep price to pay for that growth and is a shame if it is not used to help others.  I think we all have something to share.  We all have something we can do to help others.