Thursday, January 10, 2019

10 January 2019 (4 years and 22 days after The Day)

Well - I wrote a bit and realized that it is taking this blog in a different direction so I erased what I wrote.  Samantha shared a podcast with me today and I have to admit that I found it very interesting.  It is about real stories of tragic events in people's lives and how they handled them.  It made me realize that while we all have tragic events in our lives we are equally interested in hearing of these events from others.  Well - perhaps that is just me.  I found this podcast very interesting as I listened to the commentary of the person describing what happened and then hearing commentary of a counselor on how to deal with it.  I think for once in my life it was validating that I am not the only one with issues.  Ha!

Well - my neighbor has had computer issues for a while and I have meant to go by and help her so earlier this week I went over and did a phase 1 of fixing her machine.  Tonight I went over for phase 2.  I was shocked that it took as long as it did and I realize I must not judge time well.  I was happy to help her on her machine but at the same time I was sad that I missed out with dinner with the family.  That is my one time to get everyone together so we can chat.  I was hoping tonight would be better than yesterday.

I had a good chat with Emma tonight.  She is reading a book called "A Child Called 'It'" and can I just say it is super hard to listen to.  It is about a boy's life growing up with an alcoholic mother that abused him in horrible ways.  My heart breaks for children who are abused.

I had a good conversation with Samantha today.  Sometimes we go a ways between these conversations but today's was good.

Until tomorrow -