Saturday, January 12, 2019

11 January 2019 (4 years and 23 days after The Day)

So today I ended up fixing a ton of issues at work.  I mean a ton.  I know sometimes Fridays are like just wishing the weekend would come but for me I ended up getting one thing done after another.  By the time I looked at the clock it was nearly 6pm (7pm central).  I generally start work at 7am (8am central) so suffice it to say I was a bit shocked at the time.

I ended up going to the gym and it was our last day.  (our membership expired).  I am not trying to boast but rather document this.  I am so proud of myself.  In the last year I dropped over 30 lbs.  I have maintained that for a few months now.  Yesterday I told Samantha I wanted to get our moneys worth so I decided to do an arm and leg day (dumb idea).  I did the following:

On the leg press: 10 reps @ 385 then 20 reps @ 445
On the bench press: 20 reps @ 165
On the butterfly press: 30 reps @ 160
On the pulldown: 30 reps of 120
On the pushdown: 30 reps of 140
Then I did the cycle for 20 min.

Yes- my legs are strong but my knees are weak.  I try to do the same exercise I had to do in physical therapy when I tore my meniscus all those months ago.  Going from a leg press of 25 lbs to 445 is pretty good progress in my book.   I used to do more when I was a kid so while it sounds impressive... I'm still working up to what I could do in my 20s.

Ok - enough of the logging of personal stats... this is just for my reference but then again - so is this silly blog.  hahaha.

I ended up playing Minecraft when I got home.  I'm not a "gamer" so this was just an adult trying to figure out video games that my kids play.  I don't know how to do anything but dig so the kids taught me a few things on how to make tools and I ended up digging to an underground cavern with a lava lake.  I was like wow!... that is cool.  I can see how kids want to keep playing this stuff.  So I looked at the clock - 11:35pm.  I'm off to bed.