Thursday, January 24, 2019

24 January 2019 (4 years, 1 month, 5 days after The Day)

So - phones.  New phones.  This is the news.  Some kids seem to be prone to breaking things.  There are a couple in our family that will generally break any technology faster than the others.  Anyway - we were planning on moving our mobile phones to consolidate our phone plans but one of the kiddos shut their phone in the door of the car prompting the need to replace a phone.  We just were not planning on the expense.  ug.

I was comforting Madilyn tonight.  She was missing Jan.  Sometimes the grief just shows up when we least expect it.  We talked a bit and we just hugged.  I feel bad when my kids feel pain.  :-(

For whatever reason I feel the last few days in our home have been going more positive with the blending of our kids.  I don't know what caused the change but so far I think my interaction with my step kids the children's interaction with each other just seems to be better.  That is so encouraging.

There were a bunch of break-ins the other day around our neighborhood.  All of it was centered around cars being broken into.  It is unfortunate but it is a reality that sometimes we forget about.

I've spent a few days this week shoveling snow.  It is so tiring ... especially when it is wet snow (i.e. slushy at the bottom).  So - most of the snow melted and that is making things easier outside.  I do have challenges with people using ATVs with a plow though.  A neighborhood kid was helping my neighbor across the street and he was pushing all the snow down their driveway (long driveway) directly in front of my home.  This wasn't a small amount either.  I stopped him when the pile was 3.5 feet high and asked him to move it since it interfered with putting out trash cans and parking vehicles.  I catch myself when I'm talking to people and I sound like a grouchy old man.  I need to learn to smile when I am talking to people so I don't come across that way.  Well - the good news is I seem to have plenty of opportunities to practice this.

Until later -