Friday, January 4, 2019

4 January 2019 (4 years and 16 days after The Day)

So today went blistering fast for me.  There was a lot of activity at work and I had a bit to juggle at home as well.  I feel bad for my kids and their age differences as there are age appropriate activities that the younger ones want to do (i.e. they want to stay out later like the older kids).  They are all off to bed and I am tired of being the bad guy explaining what age appropriate means.  I am also a bit frustrated that the kids have trouble just saying 'ok' when asked to do something.  Instead of an 'ok' they give rationale of why they are doing what they are doing and all I am interested in hearing is 'ok' when I ask them to do something.

So - I guess I needed to be on a soap box tonight.  My apologies.

Claire is just from God.  I'm telling you she is the sweetest child.  She just comes up to me and says 'Dad, I hold you' at which point she puts her arms up.  I pick her up and she has me wrapped around her finger.  She has the cutest sayings.  I need to write them all down before she stops saying them.

I relived a bit of my feelings about Jan's passing as it related to Ammon today and I feel physically tired.  It is weird how that memory feels like a vacuum to my energy.

More tomorrow -