Monday, December 22, 2014

20 Dec 2014 (The Day)


At 3:00 am Jan went into labor.  She felt the baby kick and it was not like any other kick.  She had a feeling this was different.  At 5:00 am she sat by my bed and shared with a smile on her face that "I believe today is the day".  I awoke and smiled.  I was giddy with excitement.  We dropped the kids off with our friends as scheduled and at 8:15 pm through a lot of toil and hard work Claire Michelle Weaver was born.  9 lbs .03 oz.  Claire did not want to breathe on her own and had to have assistance from medical devices. Jan also was extremely weak. Both were whisked off to get medical attention. After a very long wait I was taken to see Claire and informed that Claire had oxygen deprivation to the brain and needed to have a special treatment from a hospital about 45 minutes away.  I approved the transfer.  I administered a Priesthood blessing to her myself and anxiously awaited the outcome and the transfer.  I went back to the waiting room to await information on Jan.  After an hour or so the doctor came in to share that Jan was very sick and her body was in shock.  I was told they were doing all they can to help her.  After many more hours I was told her heart had stopped and they were administering CPR to help her keep going.  After some effort they were able to get her heart pumping again and then started to help the rest of her body recover.  I was able to visit her and with the help of my bishop at church we gave her a Priesthood blessing.  Something had changed in her.  She was physically there but she appeared different.


Note: My View