Sunday, June 25, 2023

25 June 2023 (8 years, 6 months, 6 days after The Day)

 Today was action packed.  It started off with church and me teaching a lesson in the men's group (Elder's Quorum).  I then returned home and took a nap.  Samantha planned a picnic at one of the waterfalls near us.  We took all the kids that were local and loaded up the van.  It was such a fun outing.  We returned tired.  Claire fell asleep in the car. 

A few days ago I got a chance to visit with Jan's brother and his wife who were in town.  It was so good visiting with them.  I do wish we were closer.  When I married Jan, he became a brother to me and has been all these years.  I'm so glad we still have a good relationship.  One of the hard things is being separated by distance.  He was cleaning out a storage unit and he gave me a few things of my late father-in-law to pass on to my children.  I am so thankful for that.  It is a part of my life that is akin to an old room that was closed and untouched.  At times there are things that trigger a memory and it is like walking into that room all these years later.  

Samantha and I are juggling car issues.  I have to take my car into the shop tomorrow.  It seems the new/old Honda is just starting to show its age.  I am hopeful the repair isn't too expensive.  It wasn't that long ago (in my mind) that a check engine light was generally the notice that your car engine just died.  Today the light gives you ample warning that something is awry.  So - fingers crossed that it isn't anything too bad.

I'm off to bed.  More later -