Sunday, June 18, 2023

18 June 2023 (8 years, 5 months, 30 days after The Day)

 Today was Father's Day.  It was a good day.  The last couple of days has been very stress filled.  

I didn't write much just because of the things I have been juggling.  The stress started off with Madilyn feeling like she was having a heart attack at work.  Her boss took her to the closest hospital and I met her there.  After all the diagnostics were done it was determined that she had some injury to her ribs that was causing inflammation that was causing severe pain in her chest.  They gave her an anti-inflammatory and it was helpful.  She has been taking ibuprofen since and that has helped.  My health insurance isn't always accepted and so I looked and felt like a cheap person haggling with the reception about if I should take Madilyn to a hospital that took our insurance.  I was told they would accept it.  So - $540 later I am wondering what the bill will actually look like.  We faced a similar situation earlier in the year where our insurance wasn't accepted but we didn't have a choice at the time as there were no in-network hospitals close and we ended up getting a $13K bill which we are still working out between insurance and the hospital.  The process moves so slow that the billing department is threatening to send the bill to collections but it is all about the insurance talking with the hospital which apparently they both won't do independently of me making a 3-way call work.  It is so very frustrating.  Then on a separate instance Claire's neurologist is having resistance to us using an in-network hospital for a test they requested for her Epilepsy.  This resistance has led to her medication running out and now I am at the pharmacist in the morning (again) asking for an immediate refill since she is out.  So - tomorrow morning is starting with me at the pharmacist waiting for them (in person) to get a refill from the doctor so Claire doesn't have any seizures.  Yay.

So - that kinda summarizes the last few days.  Yesterday I spent the morning getting the yard cleaned up.  Ammon and I worked outside and then he went inside to help Samantha.  I spent the entire time with a trimmer getting all the weeds.  Ammon went with his friends to Strawberry Days and had a good time.  I cleaned up and slept.  Afterwards we were having issues with our TV and after a while I diagnosed the Roku as being faulty.  The TV has had speaker issues and the Roku was faulty - so I talked it over with Samantha and we ended up getting a new TV.  The last TV that either of us purchased was well over 10 years ago.  Things are so different with technology on TVs.  I had to sign my life away on contracts just to turn the darn thing on.  This has to be the #1 contract nobody reads.  

Anyway - Samantha and I went for a drive and had dinner at one of the canyon parks.  There was a sizable water runoff which made the experience wild.  The water runoff caused an avalanche (as seen below) that broke trees, signs, and covered the pathway.  The white specks on the right of the people in the image is snow.  That big mound is snow and debris.  Yes - it is the middle of June and not at all cold.



Today after going to church we visited with Samantha's parents and then went home.  I slept.  Samantha made dinner and almost all the kids were here.  It was so good to visit with each of them.  We then did Karaoke night and I laughed until I cried.  

Well - that is a summary of all the things.  I'm so looking forward to haggling with insurance and hospitals tomorrow.  NOT!