Saturday, June 3, 2023

03 June 2023 (8 years, 5 months, 15 day after The Day)

 Well - Saturday has started with lots of work.  I mowed and edged the yard.  That was over 5K steps.  We have a full week this next week so there is a lot to do.  Ammon got back from high adventure with sunburns on his feet from where he was wearing sandals.  He has gotten so tall it is odd for me to look at him being so tall.  We are eye to eye.  

I'm hosting  a trivia game at work and had to come up with various trivia questions.  I always find enjoyment in coming up with these questions.  They are both silly, informative, and tricky.  

Claire seems to go from happy to very irritable in a short amount of time.  I don't know if this is age or just because we have tolerated it.  Needless to say we don't tolerate it now.  This has made for some tough days.

I realized I haven't shared any pictures of my granddaughter.  This is Monroe.  


She is the cutest little girl.  She loves to talk with Samantha.  Not so much with me.  It is probably that I don't talk with her as often.  When we visit I do get a moment to hold her and interact with her.  She is so sweet.  I just love her so much.

We have more of the thistle growing in our yard.  I seriously hate this weed.  I fully understand why farmers burn their fields with this in there.  It grows so tall and so fast that you can't get in to get it removed before it is towering over 6 feet in height.  I'm going to pick up some weed killer and go to town.  Hopefully I can get it under control.  We probably have 50 plants that are now 4 feet in height.  They are not all on our property but because we don't have fences and our backyard is a mountainside the plants are just going nuts.

Well - now that I am not in school I find time is available for living life.  It is amazing how you appreciate things more when something you take for granted is taken away from you.  Time.  Time is something I both love and hate.  Needless to say, having available time has been helpful and a welcomed addition to my life.

Until later -