Tuesday, November 30, 2021

30 November 2021 (6 years, 11 months, 11 days after The Day)

 So - this day began at 1:30am.  I found myself unable to sleep.  I believe all this started in college.  After Jan died it got worse.  My mind is going 100 mph and doesn't stop so when I wake just a little I find myself wide awake.  I seriously do what I can to keep my eyes shut and never under any circumstances look at my phone.  Well - this morning I got up to go to the restroom and the light apparently woke me enough to where I was laying in bed for a long time and sleep was gone.  It was as if I awoke from a nap and my body expected me to jump up and start the day.  While I attempted to sleep my mind was racing on every conceivable thing.  I thought about work that needed to be done at our home.  I thought of work problems.  I thought of potential solutions to problems at work that haven't been discussed yet.  I thought of how to solve budget challenges both at home and work.  I thought of all the things I am grateful for.  I thought and thought to the point where sleep was beyond my eyes.  I reached for my phone knowing that once I turned it on it was the end.  I turned it on, responded to a few emails, did my normal checking of things, and found myself wondering what to do since it was 2am.  I must have stayed in bed in the dark for about 3 hours and finally just got up and went into the living room.  I watched the movie The Terminal and now I am blogging.  The crazy thing is by 10am I will probably want a nap.  This is so frustrating.