Tuesday, November 16, 2021

16 November 2021 (6 years, 10 months, 27 days after The Day)

 Well - I found out this morning that Julianne Rongey passed away.  She had a go fund me site created by a family friend where people gave a ton as the Rongey's took Julianne to all types of treatments around the country.  Death is such a tough thing to accept.  It just stings.  It stings years after it is over.  The sharp pain never seems to dull while the memories do.  My thoughts and prayers are with the Rongey family.  To quote Theoden in the Lord of the Rings "No parent should have to bury their child".  

Ammon and Julianne were close friends when we lived in Arlington.  It was very rough for him to receive this news.  I think he was in shock because who dies when you are that young?  Maybe grandparents if they are elderly but certainly not your best friend.  My sister's best friend passed away from cancer when she was young.  I still remember all the chemo she was going through at the time.  


-----------------


So - a change of subject - I am getting prepared for school.  I never thought I would be in formal school again yet - here I am.


I watched a video on time management that referenced the 4 quadrants that Dr. Stephen Covey taught (important vs. urgent)


But the video talked about how to handle what is both important and urgent.  This was a funnel of the following:

  1. Eliminate (learn to say no).  By saying yes you are saying no to something else.  Learn to say no.
  2. Automate.  Use technology to automate things (i.e. setup bill pay so you don't have to manage something)
  3. Delegate (learn to assign tasks out)
  4. Finally - the last is for me to deal with and if I still can't then it goes through the funnel again.


so - I feel I have a handle on #2 but I am learning how to eliminate and delegate or at least eliminate and delegate more than I am now currently doing.


-----------------


My mind drifts back to the Rongey's.  My heart breaks for them.

Until later -