Saturday, November 27, 2021

27 November 2021 (6 years, 11 months, 8 days after The Day)

 Today seems to be the winding down of Thanksgiving.  Everyone is into their schedules and the thought of Thanksgiving seems to be a distant memory.  Yesterday ended on a note of frustration on a personal matter and I wanted to sleep it off and wake up refreshed.  Instead I awoke with the same frustration.  I think times like that seem to tell me it is an issue relating to me and me alone.  Perhaps I am having difficulty coming to peace with certain aspects. 

Changing subjects - As I look at all of my kids and their growing up I wonder if I did enough as a parent.  I suppose that is every parents fear is to be less than what their child needs.  I realize when the dust settles that they will have to be the captain of their own boat.  As the last lines of the poem Invictus by William Ernest Henley stated:

I am the master of my fate,

I am the captain of my soul.

It is in that vein of thinking that I realize that regardless of the challenges endured by me or my children they will be the one who is the captain of their boat.  I just pray that I have given them enough guidance.