Friday, December 20, 2019

20 December 2019 (5 years after The Day)

Today was like a normal day.  I went to work.  I juggled challenges at the house.  I did just normal things.  Claire was quick to remind me today that she was now five.  I love that little girl.  While I am always filled with happiness when I think of her it is days like today that have me sad.  It seems like ages ago that Jan died yet I can recall much of that day with excruciating detail.  I suppose that is the way it will always be.  A happy and sad day.  It doesn't help that I am fighting a head cold so I am just ready for bed.  I wrote a note to Jan on Facebook and wished her a happy birthday.  Tomorrow we will celebrate Claire's birthday since today's activities after work interfered with everyone being able to join together.  Until tomorrow -