Thursday, December 26, 2019

26 December 2019 (5 years, 6 days after The Day)

I am just shocked at how good this Christmas is going.  It really is going well.  There has not been a lot of bad memories and pain.  I feel like Samantha and I are starting to blend our families and it is really good to have her family feel as my own.  

I feel like I am finally over the worst with the flu.  Outside of a bad headache and bad head cold I think I am on the mend.  My family and I got a wooden liberty puzzle for Christmas.  We get serious about puzzles and we did it in one day.  If you have never solved one and you are into puzzles, I highly recommend getting one.  They are not very cheap since they are wood but they are fun to put together.

This is the one we just finished:


If you look underneath it it looks like this



Anyway - get a puzzle and have some fun.  

Samantha and I took a minute to clean up the house.  After getting the boxes broken down from all the gift giving I have taken them to a box recycler and have a bit less clutter in the house.  

It has been snowing for the past few days but luckily it is not sticking on the roads so driving around is much easier. 

I am going to fire up the smoker and get some BBQ for the new year.  I got a book on making sausage for Christmas and I am very excited to give it a shot.  The primary reason I am excited is there is not much sausage selection here in UT.  It is a sad reality.

Well - I'm off to put Claire to bed.  Until later -