Monday, July 29, 2019

29 Jul 2019 (4 years, 7 months, 10 days after The Day)

Today was the beginning of another trouble-shooting day as this year-long project comes to an end.  This project has entered the post go-live support and so far is behaving like other projects.  (i.e. There are lots of odd things that disrupt business all coming from different angles.)  We are getting things addressed but it is busy.

Last night I played charades with the kids.  It was seriously fun.  I laughed to tears during so many parts.  The kids got me up there and I did my best to get them to guess what one had suggested.  It had everyone laughing.  From Ferris Bueller's Day Off to Rocky - I had lots of attempts at getting people to guess.  I love my family.

Last night Samantha and I sat on the porch and talked.  It was good to connect again.  This new house is in a neighborhood filled with kids riding bikes and yelling up and down the street.  While I am excited to have neighbor's kids who can play with my kids I miss the serene feeling we had in our backyard of our old home.  I now feel like I'm turning into the crotchety old man screaming "GET OFF MY LAWN!"  With my IT resources I have contemplated using this to ward off screaming children outside my home.  Motion sensor sprinklers are oh so tempting.

My sister called me over the weekend with an issue with a new trimmer she is using on her lawn.  She was having difficulty loading twine.  I talked her through it but I was so besides myself with the way the new Echo trimmers load string.  I've had my trimmer since 1992 and that trimmer just works.  I can load a huge amount of twine but apparently on these new ones you cannot.  It is really really odd.  

Until later -