Saturday, July 27, 2019

27 Jul 2019 (4 years, 7 months, 8 days after The Day)

Today I my team at work is completing a year-long project.  It is good to see it come to an end.  My family and I decided to move to a different home.  It has been a long time coming but we finally got into a home that works for us.  Blending a family has its challenges but sleeping arrangements complicate what would be simple otherwise.  So - in summary this last 12 months has been very very busy both at work and at home.  Is it just me but after I go through a massive change I just feel absolutely mentally exhausted.  I have felt at the edge of tears as I have juggled these various things and I am sure Samantha has as well.

We have a dog now - this dog likes to get dirty in the mud.  She really enjoys it.  She also eats everything.  Since we moved into this new home we don't have a fence yet and have had to resort to a very long wire mounted to a stake in the yard to keep her tethered and not wandering off.  She has lots of room to move and unfortunately I cannot prevent her from jumping into mud puddles.  I had to bathe her yesterday and I swear I got about a few pounds of dirt off of her.  And... Why it the heck to wet dogs stink so bad?  Man... I had to just tell everyone ahead of time that she was just given a bath.

I also saved up and purchased a no-name robot vacuum to help with the dog hair.  Holy cow this dog sheds.  We have to vacuum multiple times a day.  We purchased this thing to help out.  The first time it ran it ran for an hour and plugged the bag.  So - there we have it.  Too bad dog fur doesn't have much of a use other than making people's allergies go nuts.

I am tired.  I feel like every entry of this blog could have started with that as the first line.

Until later -