Monday, July 15, 2019

15 Jul 2019 (4 years, 6 months, 26 days after The Day)

So - today was a lot of juggling at work with a rather big project.  My team and I were able to make some headway in a project that seems to be never-ending.  After work ended I found myself sifting through cabinets in the kitchen determining what pans we don't use.  It is one of those "spring cleaning" moments I suppose.  I found it interesting that pans or utensils in the kitchen could bring back memories.  Jan and I got some salad serving stuff I think by accident for our wedding and it is the kind of stuff you never really use because it is too nice.  Anyway I found myself just looking at these silly serving spoons.

After dinner I decided to pack my chainsaw in the pickup I borrowed from my father-in-law and head over to one of their friends homes to take down 4 fruit trees.  After felling and limbing the first dry apricot tree I turned off the saw to adjust the tension on the chain and guess what??  I couldn't get the darn thing started again.  It is a bit frustrating because it is a newer saw and I have not even put a full gallon of gas through it.  I will take it back to the store tomorrow to get insights on what I need to do. Madilyn and Ammon helped take all the wood I cut back to the truck.  We drove back to the house and unloaded the wood and called it a day.

I find that outdoor activities like mowing grass, cutting wood, working on vehicles, etc. seem to help me detox a bit from the monotony of the daily routine.  Here by the Rocky Mountains I find it is just peaceful to sit outside and look at the mountains.  Growing up in Houston never afforded anyone there to have any mountainous view; however, it was thunderstorms that brought me peace.  I think I have heard thunder maybe 3 times in the few years I have moved away from Texas.  Weird eh?

Tonight is a quiet(ish) night with two of the teens working and Madilyn at a friends home.  We tried to FaceTime Grandma and caught her in the store.  It has been some time since we talked with her.  She will call when she gets back home.  Tonight's entry is a little dry -